Sunday, December 11, 2011

Muppet Hats

the muppets hats

via


I have always been a huge Muppet fan. I grew up watching Muppet movies and I just recently saw the newest one - I loved it! So when I heard about the movie release, I felt compelled to make some Muppet hats. I planned on making a couple of them, but I just couldn't stop - I ended up making 10. Here they are!

kermit hat
Kermit - I actually made this one a few years ago, so he's not really up to par with most of them, but you get the idea

miss piggy hat
Miss Piggy - I used a wig I already owned and just made two little slits for the ears so the wig is removable. I wish I had enough room to add a nose so it would be a little more recognizable. Maybe I'll try again one day...

fozzie hat
Fozzie Bear - I used a different stitch for the body of the hat to look like his fur. His hat is basically just a mini knit hat that I crocheted to the top.

dr bunsen honeydew hat
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew - This one was really easy because I just had to crochet some ears and a nose onto a normal hat. I used old 3D movie glasses without lenses for the glasses.

beaker hat
Beaker - He's one of my favorites! He just has basic felt features and a pompom for the hair.

statler hat
Statler - The nose was a little difficult, but I eventually got it. I used felt for the rest of the features, with a little bit of cotton stuffing underneath the eyebrows and hair so it sticks out a little more.

waldorf hat
Waldorf - This one miiiight be my very favorite. I used cotton batting for the hair and mustache, felt for the eyes, and then knit the eyelids, nose, and ears.

rowlf hat
Rowlf - This is one of my favorite Muppets - and the hat was really simple. Just felt features, and then a textured stitch for the ears.

gonzo hat
Gonzo - My other favorite Muppet! Felt facial features, a knit nose, and a few extra strands of yarn at the top.

animal muppets hat
Animal - This is probably the most recognizable one and took the most hand-stitching, but all it took was a normal red hat and a bunch of felt features.
I'm really happy with how most of them turned out! I think I'm going to do some more "series" of hats like this. What do you think? Any suggestions?

**Update: since I am not selling these hats, please feel free to try making them yourselves. However, I cannot share patterns with you as I did not use any, and frankly I don't even know how to read them or write my own. Thanks for all the kind words about these!

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

39 comments :

  1. oh my freaking god you are amazing!! i loooove the muppets! what an awesome collection to have :) this just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant! I think the Gonzo is my favourite :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hats! Gonzo's always been my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so much adore the muppets. Your hats just brightened my day!! The next series you should do... Shrek?? Lol. Good luck!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGeee!! These are all SO amazing!!!
    I can not even begin to pick a favorite!! I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work!!! I LOVE the muppets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Boy and I just saw the Muppets movie over the weekend and it was fantastic! I love all of your knit characters -- especially Beaker! You are seriously amazing :DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! They're so cuuute - I love them all! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. how incredible! they are so fun! i just saw the movie this weekend and loved it. seriously amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome! I would so LOVE IT if you did some Sesame Street hats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! These are incredible. Damn, girl!!! You have MAJOR talent. <3333 As for another series, maybe Star Wars hats? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. loove these!!! you're amazing :) beeker is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on these. They turned out phenomenally well. You really succeeded in bringing them to life! My sister and I should know, we make sock puppets and I make hats, and these have a little bit of both in them! (We're ImALadyProductions on YouTube if you are curious.) High five! - Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome! Whoever wears these must be the envy of everyone in a 5 mile radius!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a very clever lady they are all instantly recognisable! I want beaker he was my favourite ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are incredible!! I love how you even used a wig for Ms Piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are too fabulous!
    I started crocheting a Rowlf hat last week so I can wear it to The Muppets when it comes out here which unfortunately isn't for a few more weeks :(

    I'd love you to do more series hats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too awesome! My childhood flashed right in front me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are awesome. Any chance you are going to sell the patterns? I would love to buy the pattern to make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. loooooooooooooooooove... so so so so cool... sosososososo coooooool... and this is me trying to control my self ;D
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so awesome! I want! I love Gonzo! Really cool collection Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome. Ought to complete the set with Mahna Mahna and at least one Snowth.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so awesome! Added this to my Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic series of hats!! It's hard to choose a favorite, but I particularly liked Animal. My son would love it, as he dressed up as Animal a few years ago for Halloween. Good luck with future hats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic series of hats!! It's hard to choose a favorite, but I particularly liked Animal. My son would love it, as he dressed up as Animal a few years ago for Halloween. Good luck with future hats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohmigosh, we cannot stop smiling! i just had to call my boyfriend over to the computer screen... waldorf looks exactly like his dad! this just made our night.

    xoxo
    http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely GENIUS!!! I love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. As all the other posts have mentioned: These are spectabulous!!! I think my fav are the Statler/Waldorf hats...(although they aren't necessarily my favorite muppets). You have a great talent. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are incredible, but the lack of a Rizzo the rat hat disappoints me lol. Seriously, these are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so gifted, this are very good!! They really do resemble the muppets

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are so wonderful, I'd love to own the Rowlf and Gonzo hats, but I don't knit!! Is there no chance of ordering these from you..?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think I'm in love. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  34. why not sell them?????????they are wonderful!!!i would love to have one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...