I'm so excited for today's giveaway because it's the perfect season for taking your favorite hot beverages with you everywhere you go. Ashley from One in the Hand makes really cute fabric and knit cozies that are better for the environment than those little disposable cardboard ones and, well, they're just cuter. Today you can win a $20 shop credit so you can pick out a few of your favorite cozies, but first let's learn some interesting facts about Ashley:
- I love music! Love, love, love. Luuuurve. I’m always singing, humming, doing little dances. I daydream of being a singer-songwriter and making people cry (in a good way) with my music. Alas, I am just a barely-mediocre musician. But I am an above-average music trivia player!
- Cool Ranch Doritos are my favorite food. And then maybe guacamole. I was once told that I do a little dance when I eat my doritos, and I thought this was so absurd until I mentioned it to a friend – actually, a couple of friends – and they all confirmed that I do indeed have a “chips dance”. I still don’t know what it looks like.
- I love to talk about social justice issues, especially things that relate to race, class and poverty. These are taboo topics for most people but I think the more we talk about them, the easier it will be to break down the barriers between us.
- I’m super short, and apparently look young, because most people who meet me assume I’m about 10 years younger than I am, and are positively SHOCKED to learn that I have three children, ages 12, 10 and 4! It’s true, I’m a baby making machine! Well, not anymore. I was, though. My kids rock.
- I’m very social, outgoing, energetic . . . but I’m also an introvert, because I need time alone in order to build up my energy. Introversion doesn’t mean you’re shy (though you can be shy and introverted). It means that being around others drains you, and extroversion means that being alone drains you. I love my peoples but give this girl some space!
Prize: A $20 shop credit to One in the Hand that you can use to buy cozies for yourself or to use as gifts. Here are some cute gift ideas from Ashley: "My cozies make great Secret Santa gifts, stocking stuffers and small gifts. I’ve put them around a colorful mug with hot chocolate and candies inside the mug as a gift package. Another cute idea is to pair the cozy with a gift card to a coffee shop or bookstore!"
Open to: Everyone! This is an international giveaway.
Closes at: 10PM EST December 18. A winner will be chosen randomly. If you don't want to wait that long for a cute cozy, Ashley has a sale going on from now until December 15 - free shipping and 20% off your order with the coupon code STOCKINGSTUFFER.
To enter: Simply visit One in the Hand on Etsy and leave a comment on this post with your favorite item. For extra entries, you can tweet, blog, follow this blog, follow Ashley's blog or facebook, or follow wattlebird on Twitter. PLEASE leave a separate comment for each additional entry or they will not be counted as additional entries. If you don't want to come up with your own tweet, you can use this one: Win your choice of coffee cozies perfect for winter from @SewSoDef on @AnnieHP's blog #giveaway http://bit.ly/s6xTQ5
Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter