Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY Ugly Christmas Sweater


This past weekend I went to an ugly sweater party. You know it's super easy (and fun) to go to the thrift shop and pick up an old granny sweater with some elves or penguins on it, but I like making things so I decided to make my own this year. I found this green sparkly sweater in my basement - it used to belong to my aunt. So I thought it would be perfect to dress up like a tree.



I used different colors of felt to make little light bulbs. I hot glued the bulb shapes to little gold squares, cut holes in the gold squares and then strung some yellow yarn through, tying each bulb into place. I then looped the yarn around my sweater three times and tied it into place. I think I looked like an ugly, sparkly tree, don't you??


The party itself was fun too. Check out my friends being goofballs.




Outfit Details:
Sweater: vintage/handmade
Jeans: Macy's
Moccasins: Minnetonka

P.S. I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

4 comments :

  1. I love that idea! And your friend with the sweater sign is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not that bad of a sweater. if you take of the strings of lights it could be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lights are adorable I like your take on the ugly sweater I'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend with the sign is too hilarious!! Looks like you guys had fun

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...