Sunday, December 18, 2011

DIY Light-up Jar


For awhile, I've been trying to think of uses for old candle jars. It seems like such a waste to just throw them out every time the candle goes out. So I came up with this really easy light-up Christmas decoration.


What you need:

  • old candle jar
  • tissue paper
  • glossy mod podge
  • paintbrush
  • cotton batting
  • battery-powered light



It's a pretty simple concept. Cut the tissue paper to the length of the jar. Begin wrapping it around the jar, using the mod podge to secure it in place. Then add a coat or two of the mod podge on top of the tissue paper and let it dry. I wrapped the paper around twice, but only once is really necessary. Then bunch up the cotton batting and secure it to the bottom of the jar. Set the battery powered light on top of the batting and voila!



P.S. I'm linking up with Caroline's Christmas Craft-Along!

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

2 comments :

  1. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is such a great idea! and it makes me ill thinking I just threw away 2 of these glass candle jars!! :/

    I'll know better next time!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...