Thursday, December 1, 2011

DIY Holly Hairpin


I'm so excited that it's December because I have a month full of festive DIY projects to share! The first is this really simple holiday hairpin, which can be made with items that you most likely already have lying around the craft room.



What you need: 

  • bobby pin
  • three small red pompoms
  • green felt
  • black embroidery thread and needle
  • scissors
  • hot glue



I started out by cutting the green felt into irregular leaf shapes. I didn't use any kind of a template - I just cut the basic holly leaf shape twice. Each leaf should be 1 1/2-2 inches long. I then embroidered a black strand up the center of each leaf. Then I glued the two green leaves together so they're just slightly overlapping and glued the three red pompoms over the overlapping part. I then glued just the top of the bobby pin onto one of the leaves. Voila!


Now you have a festive little hair accessory perfect for holiday parties or just fun December days!


P.S. Linking up with Caroline's Christmas Craft Along

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

8 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, Annie!!! I LOVE this. I adore hair accessories and holly and it's so cute! Wonderful tutorial. Totally pinning this to try myself. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a simple yet clever clever idea! woo! i'm going to make some for stocking stuffers this year! i have left over materials from halloween!
    thanks annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever idea! thank annie for share it with us...

    i'm your new follower, i would love to have your support in return please :-)

    www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea :) I work in a daycare and this would look so cute to dress up festively

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool!

    I think I should try it! I love diy things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really a "crafty" person but I'm bookmarking this! Definitely want to try to put one of these together for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...