Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Press Cookies


It's cookie baking marathon time! Every December, my mom bakes Christmas cookies pretty much every night. There are soooo many different kinds - some that we make every year and then some new ones. This year was my first time making press cookies. 




My mom got this nifty cookie press from Williams Sonoma. It has a bunch of different caps so you can make your cookies into different designs. We used food coloring to make the poinsettias red (pink, really) and the trees green. Then we decorated them with sprinkles and stuff.




That's pretty much all there was to it. I'm really happy with how they turned out and they taste really delicious too. I'm sure I'll be doing many more cookie posts over the next few weeks, so keep checking back!



Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

9 comments :

  1. these are so adorable! I love making Christmas cookies with my mom and grandma, that's life right there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make loads of these cookies every year. Loads. One of the first kitchen presents I got was a cookie press (after my grandmas 50 year old one kicked the bucket). Mine has a sort of lever on it and it regulates the amount of dough so you get the same sized cookie each time.

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make these all the time! Now I want some - glad you enjoyed making them! We always burned a bunch - more than half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I need to get myself a cookie press! Those cookies are too cute!!!

    Greg and I are planning our annual cookie baking for tomorrow :) 5 kinds of cookies = 1 day of epic baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUUUUUUUUM! My friend made me some of those last year, they were so good! I need to make some! :)

    P.S. I'm having a giant giveaway right now and would love if you entered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom always makes these and I loove them. This year I'm going to give them a try, as long as I can borrow her press of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! I bet they're delicious too. What a fun gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Press Cookies! I think I have almost the exact same recipe! I always call them the almond cookies because of the almond extract! They are really good! And the cookie press is a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every year for Christmas all my cousins get together to bake cookie to give to our grandfather.

    He's the definition of "guy who has everything" and always makes sure WE have everything too.

    This year - my aunt is hosting the cookie baking, instead of my mom, and she bought this cookie press to celebrate!

    I tried it out w. her daughters before the actual event - and it was one of the most fun things we ever did - but our "dinosaurs" (that must be camels? surely?) were totally unidentifiable :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...