Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Apple Pie for Dummies

This year, my main goal for the fall was to bake an apple pie completely from scratch. I'm not much of a baker, but I was really hoping said pie would at least be edible and taste like, well, a pie. I'm so happy - I met and exceeded that standard!






Clearly, as this was my first pie-making experience, I did not make my own recipe, but I did mesh a few other ones together. I used this one to make the crust, this one for the filling, I made the top crust glaze from this one (only half the amount though).



It took a looooong time, but it was actually really fun and fulfilling. And it tasted realllllly good if I do say so myself. I might start making pies more often, then I hope my life just becomes like an episode of Pushing Daisies (but without the death stuff probably). Who else misses that show??

I originally shared this post over at Lovely Miss Megs, but since I've mentioned it here before I wanted to let you all know that I DID IT!! I'm quite happy :)

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

7 comments :

  1. ooo, i love apple pies! this looks really delicious. great job. i want to try making my own homemade pie as well. it should be fun.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! That looks DELISH!! Makes me want to run to the kitchen and pull out my apples!! :)

    I just found your link on Casey's blog. It's so nice to "meet" you! :) lol. I'm a new follower so I hope you'll check my site out too. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Digger ~xoxo~
    www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for sharing this post on my blog Annie! <3 Your pie turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, well done, the pie looks great!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it turned out awesome! I'm not a great baker, either, and one of my Fall goals is to attempt a cheesecake. I might be.. an idiot, lol! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all well! Where did this recipe, it was a beautiful pie. Here in Brazil I do not see many people making apple pies.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...