Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Miss America


My current favorite color combo is definitely primary colors, especially red and navy. This dress that I picked up from Modcloth (right before they started a huge sale - doesn't it always work out that way?) is totally perfect.



Because of said sale and a few new jobs/gigs, I've got a lot of new fall clothes. I like to pretend that it's like "back to school" shopping, because I miss having an excuse to revamp my wardrobe each fall. I'm also *trying* to do some new things with my hair. I've never had long hair before, so I'm playing around with lots of braids and bows and my favorite 1940's inspired styles!


Outfit Details: 
Dress and earrings: Modcloth
Cardigan and shoes: Thrifted

**Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

P.S. I'm planning a little blog costume party for the coming weeks. If you have a costume (past or present) that has a handmade or vintage element that you wouldn't mind sharing on my blog, please send me an email at wattlebirddesigns at gmail dot com or leave a comment below (include contact info, please). I'm so excited!

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

7 comments :

  1. ADORABLE OUTFIT!!! I love the colors. And your hair!!! 1940s styles rock my world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress! I can't take advantage of any of the fun sales like modcloth right now but I am having fun collecting fal maternity clothes. I guess thats a good excuse to revamp my wardrobe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!
    I love your hair and your cute flats!!
    PS I always seem to be either a day ahead of a sale or I want to get something the day after the sale ends. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage feel of the outfit and hair. I agree fall always makes me want to go "school" clothes shopping for myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute retro look! You pulled it off really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute. Your hair looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...