Thursday, October 20, 2011

Little Things

My last few weeks have been crazy busy. It's been really productive, job-wise, but I just feel like I have no time for fun stuff or just to relax. Once I get done with a few major projects, I'll be much happier, but until then, I think it's important to slow down whenever possible and think about the good stuff around you. Some little details that have made me smile recently include:

>>Planning trips to fall destinations (i.e. cider mills, apple orchards, etc.) Even if I don't have time to go, it's nice to think about.

>>Baking my very first apple pie totally from scratch (even though it ate up almost a whole day I could have used for work) It turned out really well and was actually kind of therapeutic. Time well spent!

>>Writing goals lists.

>>Secretly humming Christmas songs when no-one's around. I used to try to wait until Thanksgiving before I even let on that I knew what Christmas was, but now I say why hold back all the happiness?

>>The Walking Dead - I'm now obsessed with this show. I watched the whole thing in almost two days. Seriously, go watch it now.

>>Free gifts that come with online shopping orders



>>Working on custom orders, since I don't have enough time to open my shop



>>Getting a new car (okay, maybe this one's not so "little" but I'm still happy about it)



I'm linking up with Lindsay of Aisle to Aloha with this post. What's making you happy this week?

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

17 comments :

  1. loving seeing all these posts on the little things - these are some fun little things to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put a Happy Holidays sign up this week in my cube at work. It's never too early for Christmas. I've had a really busy October too and thinking about the holidays seems to help me relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your positivity. and baking an apple pie from scratch? that's not little that's big!! :) happy friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the new car!! i say that's a pretty big thing to be happy about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! Congrats on the new car...I find myself dreaming of my own car (maybe some day).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new car! That's a big thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I am getting ready to start the Walking Dead on Netflix! Excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I cannot stop humming Christmas songs either!! And I always wait until at least Thanksgiving! I blame the Christmas records a friend gave me. I haven't even listened to them yet, but all you have to do is read the names of those songs, and BAM! They're stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making goal lists. Helps keep my brain calm. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woot!!! Congrats on your new car Annie!!!
    I also love free little gifts with purchase!! They kinda make my day! :)
    I have been having Christmas songs pop into my head for weeks now!! I can't wait till after Thanksgiving when I can sing them out loud! ! :)
    Congrats on the apple pie!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i was humming christmas tunes too! and then catching myself. i am subconsciously looking forward to the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is also obsessed with that show. He missed the beginning of the first episode and almost cried..lol Good thing it replays right after. Good luck on completing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute- stopping by from aisle to aloha.. i'd love for to stop by my blog and checkout the huge ($100) giveaway going on-http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a cute free gift!

    I too have been a bit of a secret Christmas song singer lately. Which is rather comical considering that I used to be the "no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving" police woman! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great list - congrats on the new car!! :-) Yum. Apple Pie. I haven't made one yet but I've been making a lot of baked apples for dessert. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i understand about being glad to be productive but feeling a bit overwhelmed by not being able to relax and just have some downtime.. I feel like that right now too...
    great post!

    I'm stopping by from aisle to aloha link up party and am stopping to say hello & show some blog follow love!

    xo!
    Des, www.manoymetal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first apple pie was one of those pies-in-a-jar... and I gave them all away! I think you may have just talked me into making one that I can eat ;-) Have you ever seen a recipe for galettes? "Our Best Bites" has one that's good and easy... and uses way fewer dishes than traditional pie :-) Loved your post! And congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...