Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Help a Penguin in Need

Ok fellow knitters, it's time to get those knitting needles (or crochet hooks) ready... the penguins need us! If you're as confused/intrigued as I was upon hearing this, you need to go to this post over on the Etsy blog.

via

Basically, a recent oil spill in New Zealand has left a lot of penguins in trouble. While volunteers work at getting the penguins and other animals cleaned, these little sweaters help keep them warm and help to prevent them from ingesting oil. This is a great way to put your craftiness to good use. I really encourage you to read the original post for more info and send sweaters! I'll definitely be making a few to send.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

4 comments :

  1. Sad about the oil spill, maybe I can make a couple. But that picture is pretty darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. I wish i could knit. And those penguins are pretty dang cute.

    www.randomnessfromtheaddiecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could knit, or else I would be making these and helping those little penguins!!! I hope that they are all all right!! So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...