Friday, October 28, 2011

Costume Party: Stewie Griffin

This is probably my favorite costume I came up with this year. If you watch Family Guy then you should recognize the familiar head below.


stewie griffin mask

I decided to make this costume when I came across a pair of red overalls that my mom made back when she was in high school. From there, I was just a yellow shirt, teddy bear, and a few handmade touches away from a costume.

stewie family guy

The mask was my main obstacle for making this costume work. I used a heavy duty poster board, some acrylic paints and a sharpie to make it. If you have a flesh colored paint, it'll be fairly easy. If not, I used a mix of orange, yellow, pink, and lots and lots of white to make the face color. I just painted a general football shape that took up about 1/3 of the standard poster board. Once the paint dried, I used the sharpie to draw the head outline, the ears, and the hair. Then I cut it out and made a head-shaped hole in the middle. I thought about using a strand of elastic and tying it onto the sides of the head, but I decided against it.



Since it'll be pretty hard to walk through doors and such, I wanted it to be easily removed. I plan on just holding it up to my face, though it does stay by itself if I hold my head at this awkward position.


family guy costume

I also used some yellow felt circles and pinned them to the overalls to make it look just like Stewie's pair.

stewie griffin costume


Details:
Overalls: handmade/vintage
Shirt: thrifted
Shoes: Converse
Mask/details: handmade

What are you dressing as for Halloween this year??

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

9 comments :

  1. oh my gosh! HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I totally want to do this I love stewie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Thanks for the follow! Following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how creative you are Annie. This is yet another great costume idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant! i'm a new follower via the follow fest and am already amused by your quirky humor :) yay for new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Stewie! He is by far my favorite!

    Great costume idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahaha, awesome costume!!! I love this series, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha love this costume, Stewie has to be one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with these red overalls....they look so comfy!!!


    It's a great costume, as well. Super creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...