Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Costume Party: Madeline

In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived twelve little girls in two straight lines...

madeline costume

Everyone loves Madeline! Not only is her story a favorite among little girls everywhere, but she's just so stinking cute. This Madeline costume was super easy to put together. All you need are a few key elements that you probably can find in your own closet.


This collar is what really makes the outfit. My blue dress does not normally have a collar, so I just layered it over my Teacher's Pet Blouse from Red Velvet - any collared shirt will do. If you don't have one, you can use a scrap piece of white fabric and just pin it down. For the red tie, I just used some plain old red velvet ribbon and tied it onto my collar. If your collar doesn't have a tie, you can just pin it just inside your blouse.



This is a great last-minute costume, and it's also totally wearable for regular days. Yes, I wore this as a normal outfit this day, hahah.

madeline costume

Details: 
Dress: F21
Collar: Red Velvet Shop
Ribbon: Vintage (from my grandma)
Shoes: Payless
Hat: Borrowed from Whitney

**Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

13 comments :

  1. CUTE! Girl! i was madaline when i was little.. your costume is 10x than mine was though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely one of the cutest costumes I've seen this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm... YES!!! I love this outfit!!! Super cute my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too friggin' cute! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i'm loving all of these ideas 'cause i'm on the hunt for some last minute ideas. i love madeline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute ! The dress is so versatile, too, I can see wearing it all sorts of ways this season

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! You are so good at costumes!! The Marge Simpson is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stinking cute! Loving the costume ideas I've been finding lately...and Madeline is awsome!

    www.randomnessfromtheaddiecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh! you are adorable! love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!! I always admire people who can think out of the boz. Me? Not a chance:/

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute! Love the idea and your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...