Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Librarian Chic

I often get comments (compliments? maybe) that I dress like a librarian. I don't normally see it, but librarians are cool so I don't question it. I just take it to mean that I'm wearing a dress that isn't a sequined party dress. And also that people probably don't go to libraries very often.




In this case I can definitely see it though. I call this look librarian-awesome. I got the Teacher's Pet Blouse from the Red Velvet Autumn Collection and it is so amazing. I was waiting patiently for the launch so that I could spend more money than I normally do on an article of clothing, and I'm so glad that I did.





Outfit Details:
Shirt: Red Velvet
Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Payless
Necklace and earrings: Renegade Chicago (It was a few years ago and I don't remember the seller - sorry!)
Headband: Thrifted fabric

**Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

18 comments :

  1. i looooved that top from Red Velvet. it looks so good on you too with that skirt and necklace - love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I totally agree with the name it's not just a typical librarian look but an awesome librarian style lol.

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh! I need to show my daughter (also an Annie Bannie) your blog! She would love your style too♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the collar on your top and the your long skirt! i need some more maxi skirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the top + skirt combo!!
    You are one stylish lady!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock the librarian chic look to the max!!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute ensemble! i absolutely love the blouse and would definitely wear it... plus, since i'm a real life librarian, that makes your outfit totally accurate. hooray for librarian chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit -- especially the use of color. And I have a friend who just returned from Renegade in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to want to be Marion the Librarian from The Music Man! It's something about the collars and pencil skirts! :) You look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! I would say been told you dress like a librarian is definetly a compliment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. As an official degreed librarian, I have to say thank you ~ we big puffy heart smart chicks with style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vintage look of the green top

    ReplyDelete
  13. That teacher's pet top looks great on you! Thanks for linking to Red Velvet too - now I've found a new site :)

    http://carrymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to look like a librarian, too! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. librarians rock...this coming from a former librarian aide. just stumbled onto your blog and it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...