Sunday, September 18, 2011

An Apple a Day

Everything is always better when it's apple-flavored. And that is a fact, my friends. That's one of the reasons I love fall so much - it seems like everything always smells like apples. People are always baking apple pies, apple bread, applesauce, and other appley goodness.

fall outfit

I've been looking around for some recipes to try. Here are a couple that make my mouth water:







My main goal for this fall is to bake an apple pie from scratch that is edible. I don't need it to be the greatest thing ever, but I want it to taste like an apple pie, at least. Next year, my goal will be to make an apple pie that is actually good. Wish me luck. Oh, and if you have recipes I should try, pie or otherwise, please send them my way!





Outfit Details: 
Blazer: from Jordan
Hat: from Whitney
Dress and tank: F21
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: handmade by moi
Apple bag: vintage, from my grandma

**Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

16 comments :

  1. I love fall and apples! i was just telling hubby today that we needed to go pick apples this fall. :-) Cute outfit!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit...now I want apple pie! The pioneer woman has a scrumptious home made apple pie recipe. I've never made anything from her that wasn't to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best outfits EVER!!! Love, love, love!!! And I adore the details and accessories. ^_^

    I love a lot of yummy apple flavored foods, but mmmm, apple butter. Now my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me want to go apple picking then have apple cider afterwards! Such an adorable outfit too. Good luck with your apple pie, I'm sure it will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable ensemble! I too lovelovelove apple season and am determined to bake the perfect apple pie this season. I hope yours is a success, feel free to swing by and share your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippie for Fall!!
    I love this outfit + your love of Apple foods!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I just love these colors- great outfit!! Have fun pie baking :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall reminds me of apples too :) LOVE them :)

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. My FAVORITE thing to eat in the fall is Paula Deen's Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie.

    Recipe here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/apple-butter-pumpkin-pie-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I love the apple bag, so cute. Stopping by from WIWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum.... and I adore those yellow striped shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from WIWW. Your outfit is so cute! Usually I'm worried about looking like Christmas (I actually JUST posted about that today) but you look sooo cute and very apple-esque!

    Audrey
    www.puttingmetogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love apple everything, too! Pumpkin = blech! Beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun outfit! The unlikely color combination just works.

    Now I'm off to find an apple to eat...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...