Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Inspiration Workshop: Vintage

I was so happy to see this week's prompt from Gussy's Inspiration Workshop! It's one that's so close to my heart! I've always loved and appreciated old things. History was one of my favorite subjects and I could not get enough of my grandma's costume jewelry collection. Now, I have a pretty sizable collection of vintage goodness and even a vintage shop!

green vintage hat


This weekend, I made a trip to an antique mall and picked up some great stuff. I think this hat was my favorite find of the day, so it's the one I'm sharing. I'll do a post with the rest later after I've had time to photograph them. And in September I'm going to make the vintage shop one of my main focuses so I'll have lots of quirky stuff to sell. I can't wait!

What's your favorite vintage possession?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

9 comments :

  1. I don't have a lot of vintage items. But my favorite would be a turquoise beaded clutch that belonged to my great grandmother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous hat! The color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your shop is wonderful! Love your hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite item is an owl measuring cup set from the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO cute!!
    I just love that hat!!
    I have several vintage dresses that I have picked up over time that I just adore!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. my hubby has a smile that can light up a room, too! ;]

    you're so cute! thanks so much for linking up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hat is SO cute. I need one like it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that hat is so adorable! and i love the color. would it be weird to wear it to work? on like a tuesday?! ha! its just so fabulous! nice find :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!
    That colour looks fabulous on you!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...