Monday, August 8, 2011

Hamburger Hat

Even though I'm super busy this month and my shop is closed, I've been creating lots of new designs lately, and the one I'm sharing with you today is my new favorite - a hamburger!



If you can knit and sew, it's pretty easy to make. Here's what you need:

  • light tan, dark brown, and white yarn
  • red, yellow, and green felt
  • thread


Using whatever basic hat knitting pattern you'd like, start with the light tan yarn and knit about 3/4 of an inch, then switch to dark brown for about 2 inches, and back to light tan for the rest of the hat.


This is the fun part. Cut the felt into random shapes. I crinkled the green pieces to make them wrinkly so they'd look more like lettuce, and I made sure to include the corners on the yellow felt so that it would look more like cheese. You can pretty much put whatever you want on your burger. Then stitch all the pieces around the top of the dark brown yarn strip.




Cut the white yarn into a bunch of 2 inch strands. Tie them onto the top of the hat and cut away the excess so that it looks like sesame seeds.


That's it! If you don't feel like making it yourself, it will be available shortly in my shop, or you can email me at wattlebirddesigns AT gmail DOT com for a custom order.


**I originally shared this hat on a guest post over at Hiya Luv

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

9 comments :

  1. Haha, that is so fun! Its times like this that I wish I knew how to knit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I wish I knew how to knit it seems so fun.

    -Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is so cute! I love it! <3 *__*

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha!!! that is soooo awesome!! my husband would looove a hat like that.
    = )
    Jello

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your knits!! What a fab blog, now following :) x

    becca-knithappens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...