Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Guest Post: Nail Art with Project Lorna

Hi there, I'm Lorna from projectlorna.com and projectnails and I'm delighted to share some quick tips on creating nail art with things you probably already have at home:
















Start with your base colour already applied.

Using Pins for dots and stripes






Using sellotape for nail art




You'll get cleaner results if you remove the sellotape while the nail polish is still drying as it can lift up if you peel it off when it has completely dried.






I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. I'm busy training for a crazy climbing challenge so my hands are pretty beaten up at the moment but I don't let that get in the way of sparkly nails! I'd love to feature your nail art so if you try something out this summer make sure you take a picture, post it online and leave a comment pointing me to it so I can find you.

***

Thanks for guest posting, Lorna! I'm definitely going to try some of these, myself. If anyone else is interested in guest posting, send me an email at wattlebirddesigns AT gmail DOT com.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

13 comments :

  1. This is awesome - thanks for the tips. I think i'm gonna try it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tute! I love the colors you've used! I was definitely about to do a tute on nails like this too! Great minds think a like! :)

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh!!! awesome tutorials! what fun!!! i'd love to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute ideas! I didn't know about using a pin for dots and thin stripes. This makes me want to paint my nails lol.

    -Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, I especially love the zig zag tips (very Bowie like).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are cool!:]
    I want the polka dots and the zig zag tips!

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love the colors! and awesome techniques to make some simple designs =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Annie, thank you so much for posting my tutorial! Glad everyone likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that looks like hard work!! what great designs! unfortunately for me - i'd scratch something off like that in a minute!

    www.simplystylishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You inspire me for a nail tutorial!! Love it, can not wait to try the triange, lightning design!

    With Love, Caitlyn at
    http://www.hesmormonimnot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this tutorial, and glad you added this feature Annie, I might try a few of these out!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...