Monday, August 22, 2011

Guest Post: A Day in the Life with Charmingly Ordinary

Hi, ya’ll!

I can say “ya’ll” because I am writing to you from North Florida, which is practically South Georgia. It’s a blurry line.

But seriously, I am so excited to be here with you lovelies, because I am such a huge fan of Annie. Isn’t she just hilarious? I laugh out loud at pretty much every post. Anyway, here it is: a hot day in the life of me, new mama to Levi and underachieving grad student.

This is how I begin most days: a bottle and a to-do list. Top priorities for this day included scheduling a Salvation Army pick up (because apparently my garage could have been featured on an episode of Hoarders), changing Levi’s doctor’s appointment (he has a very busy schedule), and purchasing half and half at the grocery store.


Then we play for a bit. Here are the many faces of Levi playing. Isn’t he adorbs?


While Levi plays, I make several trips to the microwave in a desperate attempt to finish a hot mug of coffee. It is usually an unsuccessful effort and ends with me giving up and chugging half of a cold cup.


Then Levi naps, and I sit on the couch watching Regis and Kelly study.

The title of this book is a misnomer. It should really be titled “The End of Any Hopes You Had of Understanding What I am Talking About.” Seriously, I am half way through with this book and have no idea what is going on.


Good thing my professor is really laid-back and writes emails like this to the class.


A little while later, Levi and I go to the grocery store. Yep, this family right here cloth diapers and hauls their food home in reusable bags. We are practically living a carbon-neutral life “off the grid.”


Phew. We made it to the afternoon. Levi takes another nap.

This is my backyard. This bush makes me smile. It is dripping with blooms right now.


Snack of exhausted mommies. I indulge while driving to meet the hubs to make the baby trade before class.


After I say goodbye to Levi in a shopping mall parking lot near campus, I manage to score a rock star parking spot near my class (it’s the little things, people) and eat dinner in my car. I am pretty sure this is not what Natalie Portman was doing when she was at Harvard.

Dinner: grocery store sushi, blackberries, and the rest of my iced latte.

I hope this photo doesn’t make any of you sick.


And then I head to class and wait in the hallway for the professor. I proceed to spend the hours of 6:10 to 9:40 pm trying to stay awake, nodding in hesitant agreement at whatever the guy is talking about, and doodling flowers and sh*t on my notes.


I’m tired.
So who’s up next?! I can’t wait!

***

Thanks so much for posting, Jamie! I love seeing how other bloggers spend their days. And Levi is sooooo adorable! Everyone make sure to stop by Jamie's blog and say hi!


Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

3 comments :

  1. cute post... i should muster up the courage to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...