Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 21, 2007

Okay, I promise I'll get back to regular posts tomorrow, but since it's the weekend and I normally don't do weekend posts anyway, I figure I can get away with a little HP obsessing.

July 21, 2007 was the greatest day of my life - the day that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released. My friends and I got to the bookstore at noon. We made a little campsite, got dressed up, decorated, and did all kinds of other fun stuff. No one else even came to get in line until at least 6 p.m., but it was so much fun that it didn't even matter. All the Barnes and Noble employees thought we were hilarious and kept coming outside to chat with us. They even gave us a Harry Potter cardboard cutout to take home with us after we bought our books at exactly 12:01.

harry potter costumes
Clockwise from top left: Death Eaters vs. Dumbledore's Army; Rita Skeeter, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Harry Potter; Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom; All of us with our books and a poster the B&N employees gave us; My Rita Skeeter costume.



Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

10 comments :

  1. that sounds like a blast! I love the floating feather pen detail - well done!
    Enjoy the movie THIS WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome!!! Fantastic outfit and I love the quill, that is beyond cool. ^_^ Also, Bellatrix! She's my fav. character. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was the greatest birthday present ever! for the last book to come out on my bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the floating pen detail is amazing! awesome.

    xoxo
    http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate waiting in lines you must be very patient. I love the Rita Skeeter idea. Great, great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I've been going to the midnight releases of all the books and movies since I can remember. I was actually working at B&N when The Deathly Hallows came out. I had to work until 4pm, but on my breaks I went outside and brought everyone in line cookies from the Cafe. When I got off work, I went to my car and changed into a Hermione costume and got in the back of the line (which was already wrapped around the building). But someone who I had given a cookie to came and got me and let me jump to the front of the line! I'm really excited for the movie release on Thursday night, but also really sad that it will be the last one... can't wait to see your costumes! Rita Skeeter looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo cute! There's lot of people that like HP, including me. I always got on the waiting lists for the books like 7 weeks in advance. haha. I'm sad this is the last one....

    ReplyDelete
  8. crazy how u remember the date, I was working at toys r u times square at the time and they had a midnight release for it lol it was a big deal

    ReplyDelete
  9. i officially love you. just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...