Thursday, July 28, 2011

Inspiration Workshop: The Beach

July is almost over, which means that autumn is just around the corner AND I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE BEACH YET. This is upsetting, even though I don't like to swim in any water that's not a pool (fish and plants and mud, yuck). There's just something about being at the beach that's so relaxing and amazing. I love going out on boats, having bonfires, and just sitting and reading. And yes, I do swim sometimes, just not as much as one might normally do so at the beach.

At the end of August, I'm going to my friend's house on a lake for a week and I could not be more excited! The days start pretty early for me - I get up at about 7 and go sit on the porch with my computer so I can get a little bit of work done before my friends wake up. Then some of the guys get up and go out on the dock to fish. A few hours later, my girlfriends wake up and make mimosas - we hang out on the beach for awhile then go inside and watch terrible movies (weird beach activity, I know, but it's so fun). Then at night we'll have a really huge and awesome bonfire.

via


One of my top life goals is to own a house on a lake so that I can spend lots of weekends each summer there relaxing and having fun with friends and family. What could be better than that?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

11 comments :

  1. I would LOVE that too! My husband and I have always said that we would either love to have a beach house one day or a cabin on a lake. I hope you have fun when you go to your friends lake house! Sounds like an amazing time :)

    -erin
    www.gracefilledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a lake this summer but there was no "beach" to hang out on there...when I say "beach" I really mean ocean and I haven't been there this summer either. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be so, so awesome :) I haven't been to the beach yet this summer either! Ocean swimming is fun because there are waves, and slightly scary because there are sharks. At least at your lake house you won't have to worry about the shark thing :) Your upcoming trip sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, i havent been to the beach yet either!!!! Lakes and freshwater are so much more soothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend has a lake house, and I love going down there. I wish it was my own :) I love the beach as well, but swimming in the ocean scares me a bit too. At the lake you don't have that to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love about this?! Enjoy! Oh, and I've been to the beach only twice this summer. Must do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a super relaxing time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you...one of my life goals is to own a beach house :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooooove bonfires! Owning a beach house is a great goal! :0) I want one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been to the beach yet either, and it's killing me! I'm excited to go visit LA with my husband for my birthday next week! Watching terrible movies IS a funny thing to do at the beach, but it kinda sounds like fun. What movies have you watched so far?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to own a beach house on the Carolina coast so I can have an excuse to get away when I am not working, that is a goal that I am working towards.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...