Saturday, July 9, 2011

Harry Potter Costume Roundup

It's almost time for the final movie in the Harry Potter franchise to be released! If you follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, or know me at all, you'll know I'm beyond obsessed. If you weren't following this blog last year, then you probably missed my barrage of Harry Potter costume/diy posts, so I thought I'd do a little roundup of what you missed. Then I'll, of course, add to it over the next few weeks!

handmade harry potter costumes

  1. Knit Dumbledore beard and hat
  2. Harry Potter costume
  3. Hedwig costume
  4. Hedwig hat
  5. Hedwig wings
  6. Bellatrix costume
  7. Dobby hat and costume
  8. Ron Weasley costume
  9. Luna Lovegood costume
  10. Draco Malfoy costume
  11. Hermione Granger costume
  12. Mad Eye Moody knit "mad eye"
  13. DIY spectrespecs 

molly weasley costume

What you can expect this year: I'll be dressing up as Molly Weasley, in an almost-completely-knit ensemble. Yes, I'm wearing an outfit made almost exclusively of yarn in the middle of July - that's dedication. I also have a few friends who are creating really unique and crafty costumes, such as The Fat Lady and Fawkes, which I'll share as well. And we're having a party right after the movie release that will knock your socks off - so I'll share our decorations, snacks, games, and other shenanigans from that. Mixed in with all of this will be a few DIY projects and style posts. I'll still be posting other stuff for those of you who haven't caught HP Fever (which you should, by the way). But I am soooooo excited. Let's all freak out together!


Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

18 comments :

  1. Seems like lots of fun!! I wish I was part of it :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I am a huge Harry Potter fan, I cant help liking this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those costumes are so adorable! I love that Hedwig hat! And your costume sounds so smart- I cannot wait to see it! I am so so so so excited for the movie and so all your HP posts are just going to have me bouncing off the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ^My dog typed that... I thought I'd leave it for fun.
    And oh my gosh, your costumes are awesome!! I wish I had friends here who wanted to dress up and have a HP party! Sounds absolutely baller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the crochet Mad Eye Moody eye lol. The dress looks very nice and very Molly Weasley. I made some Harry Potter jewelry at my Etsy shop, Craft'n Bettie but I don't think I have anything for Mrs. Weasley :(

    -Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i cannot wait for harry. i'll probably cry at the end. it can't be over! it can't!

    love, little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with myself after the 15th. Probably go see it 32 more times and reread the books every day xD All the HP events sound like so much fun though! Can't wait to see the full Molly Weasley! (bless you too, for wearing knit in the summer indeed!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for HP! I love love all your costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm waaaayyyy excited!!!! i LOVE your HP costumes! i think it'll be a good idea to dress up to go watch the movie. who's that guy as draco malfoy! he looks like him!

    and i love luna, maybe i'll get a blond wig and dress up as her...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg im so sorry, i totally spammed your comments by accident!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. can't wait to see pictures of your costume (and those of your friends!) I'm going as Luna and I'm SUPER excited. my mom-in-law made me radish earrings out of Fimo (way better than the dumb beaded ones you can buy online IMO) and my hubby is helping me make the butterbeer cork necklace...top it all off with a crazy colorful outfit and I'm good to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love! Molly Weasley costume- so impressive! I am definitely doing one of these costumes this year for Halloween- I'll do a post about it on my blog so you get credit :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. where do you get the fabric from? I want to have Harry Potter Outfits and Ive been to several halloween stores and craft shops, and no one had any idea what I was looking for..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...