Thursday, July 7, 2011

Business Casual Casual

Before I became self-employed, I had lots of jobs in offices, cubicles, reception desks, and other places where business casual dress was required. So over the years, I've built up a pretty respectable wardrobe of professional attire that is severely neglected these days. I still "dress up," but most of my office attire isn't very comfortable, so there's hardly ever an excuse to wear it.

emma pillsbury dress

On occasion, I have meetings for local projects I'm working on, and I quickly jump at the chance to whip out one of my neglected outfits. This one might be my favorite because it reminds me of Glee's Emma Pillsbury (in fact, I wore it as part of my Emma Pillsbury costume last year).

brown mary janes

emma pillsbury dress

Outfit Details:
Dress: Macy's 
Cardigan: Thrifted
Shoes: Payless
Earrings: Renegade Chicago
Bracelet: c/o Shabby Apple (don't forget to enter the giveaway for a Shabby Apple dress here!!)

**I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

27 comments :

  1. you are seriously too cute!!!! Love all your sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute! i love that dress! it looks like two pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! this post led me to your Glee outfits post. And my oh my you girls are spot on with your glee outfits!!

    What Gleeks you are! I likey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt! It's so pretty and perfect with that outfit. You are so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut Up! I LOVE this dress! It is so cute! I think I need it!
    I am currently a receptionist but unfortunately we have to wear ugly polo shirts so I don't get to wear my cute cloths!
    Lookin good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty dress! love this look, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. I love how neutral yet bright it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that outfit! very cute! thank you following me! i'm now following your blog! its too cute not too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love, love this outfit! You look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi love LOVE your blog soo cute.

    im defiantly following you.

    why not follow me?


    www.lemonworldmute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great look on you! i totally thought it was two pieces at first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great blog! love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute. I wish i could where casual stuff like that.. But my summer jobs in a small burger restaurant.. and i cant :(

    I love the shoes. I love simple heels like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know like 14 people before me just said this, but I can't keep it to myself. LOVE that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit! I work in an office, so I know how that is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this look is adorable, I love mixing neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this outfit. you are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The neutrals here are great together

    ReplyDelete
  19. i definitely love this outfit! it looks great on you! and your hair seems like the perfect match for the outfit. ::)


    the style projects

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cute look!Especially the white ruffly top, super pretty.
    I found you on the pleated Poppy!
    I look forward to checking out your blog =)
    http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this outfit! i want that white shirt.

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  22. stopping by from the pleated poppy- i love your dress!! soo cute.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...