Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Update

I usually (somewhat) unplug during the weekend, and it's usually pretty boring (which is how I like it) but sometimes I do interesting stuff. So I figured I should start doing Weekend Update (yeah, stole it from SNL, wutuvit?) posts so that people know I kind of have a life sometimes (a really strange one) (((have I used enough parentheses in this paragraph so far???))) Here are some things I did:



Spent all of Saturday cruising around in my boyfriend's classic car. My city has an annual classic car cruise that takes place about two blocks from my house. My dad's workplace is on the road where the cruise takes place, so we hung out there, had a little party and took turns driving around in Luke's 1962 Buick Skylark. I don't know junk about cars, but it was fun. I love nostalgia and neat car designs/colors.

Had a Reese Witherspoon/Ryan Phillipe movie weekend. My friends and I come up with weird themes for movies sometimes, but Reese/Ryan is one of my favorite celeb couples. It broke my heart when they divorced (life is so hard, right?) So we watched Cruel Intentions, Antitrust, and Legally Blonde. Obviously some great gems there.

Katelyn, Jordan and I had a fairly successful thrifting trip. They were looking for supplies for their costumes for the premiere of the Deathly Hallows next month. My costume is pretty much done, but I just like thrifting. I bought some yarn and a bunch of dresses that will go in my vintage shop soon (If I don't decide to keep them). Oh, and we saw that High School Musical blanket in the picture at the dollar store. I didn't buy it because it was $7 and I can't buy anything at the dollar store that's more than $1 because it's against my morals and junk.

I think that's it. I have a new Pokemon hat that'll be posted in the morning, so you'll obviously want to come back and see that...

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

6 comments :

  1. whoa, Whoa, WHOA!!! The dollar store sells things for more than just a dollar now?! I don't know if I can handle this news... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE CARS!!! Especially classic cars!!! You were SO LUCKY to drive in one! My dream is to own a vintage ford or dodge truck. MAYBE a chevy.

    And I agree about the dollar store morals. ;) (And I also LOVE the dollar store!!! ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen Antitrust so far, thanks for the tip! I like Reese and Ryan too, need to see that movie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love your one dollar shop morals, it annoys me how much stuff in there is actually more then a dollar - false advertising :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cruel Intentions- LOVE! Also, I'm super jealous of your HP outfits, hehe. Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here! Your blog makes me very happy so woo hoo!
    Also...I completely understand your moral obligation to not purchase anything from the "dollar store" that doesn't in fact meet the $1 standard. Some other moral-less person will have to buy that fabulous HSM find! :p

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...