Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vintage Embroidery

My parents have some pretty neat art in their home. It's something I always overlooked while growing up - it was just there. But now that I've grown to appreciate handmade and vintage, I think some of it is really awesome and so personal and unique too. I particularly love all of the embroidered art that was passed down from my grandparents. Here are some peeks:


A tree, flowers, and birds that commemorate my grandparents' wedding over 60 years ago!


I love the little pattern around this one! A little quote about marriage...


And this is my absolute favorite! It's just a little winter scene, and I'm not sure of its significance, but it's so cute! I can't even imagine how long it must have taken someone to make it.

What is your favorite art in your home/your childhood home?

9 comments :

  1. A lovely post. And great question. Maybe some of dads art glass, I think thats lovely.

    Love
    /S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is probably the photographs of my parents when they young. They were both hippies so they are fun to look at.

    Your parents collection is great. I especially love the tree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embroidery is just beautiful. My mom has a lot of antique dishware from my great-grandmother. I love thinking about how it was originally part of the family's every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some amazing stitch work there! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love vintage embroidery as well! that last one surely is a prize. xo

    ~chantillysongs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely embroideries! My mom used to do that when I was young too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all so beautiful! My mom has this cool Italian ceramic angel bust thingy (trust me, it's classier and cooler than it sounds) that I'll always associate with her and her home. I love going back and appreciating her collection of stuff when I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all so beautiful! My mom has this cool Italian ceramic angel bust thingy (trust me, it's classier and cooler than it sounds) that I'll always associate with her and her home. I love going back and appreciating her collection of stuff when I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super rad! I have a few like those from my grandmother as well, I love vintage embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...