Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Pretty Dress and a Crab Leg


I'm going to start off this post by talking about normal things, like how much I'm seriously in love with this dress I bought from Danielle's shop my closet sale. And how the beginning of this day was really productive, full of work calls, writing and coffee.



Then I'll move on to the weirder stuff. Like how in the evening I went bowling with friends (In a strapless dress? Yup) Well, I didn't bowl, myself. I sat at the table and knit while some of my friends bowled. Yes, I knit at a cosmic bowling alley. I've previously been found knitting in bars, movie theaters, and plenty of other weird locations, so my friends were not at all surprised by this, but I did get some weird looks from other people.


Also, while we were there, one of my friends won this fish that is covered in dolla billz. We all took pictures with it, obviously. Then I took many pictures of it doing other things at the bowling alley, like bowling, eating, playing the claw game, and yes, knitting.




And when you thought it couldn't get any weirder, there was a crab leg just sitting out in the parking lot. I HAVE NO CLUE what it was doing there, but I took a picture of it anyway.



So that was my weird-ish day. How have you all been doing lately? I'd love to hear if you have any weird stories!

Outfit Details:
Dress: Thrifted // Sometimes Sweet Shop
Cardigan: Thrifted, altered by me
Shoes: Thrifted
Leggings: Target

**Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

13 comments :

  1. Love your dress and the shark! ♥ I can totally see why you knit. I just started crochet and am in love. ^_^

    The crab leg is beyond weird. Ew. You want a weird story...?

    Just before Easter, I went into Wal-Mart and found Jen an adorable stuffed rabbit. Not too big, really fluffy and brown and white. I put him up front in the cart, in the little "seat" while I did food shopping. I was eying some jam when this woman glances my way and goes "I hear you, you know."

    And I said "Excuse me?" and she goes "I know what you were doing..." to which I replied "Uh..." and she said "I heard you talking to yourself. Than I realized you were talking to your child." and she patted the bunny's head.

    A: I wasn't talking to myself and B: Um... I don't have a rabbit as a child! Especially not a stuffed one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! It looks perfect on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that dress!! have a great day!

    www.amandalynnedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is amazing and the colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so cute...and that crab leg...oh gross haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one funny fish! Cute dress.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one funny fish! Cute dress.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hii stopped by, love love the dress so pretty!!! Fun pics :)

    Check out my blog....

    xo Emma

    www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit, very cute!!! Poor crab.... Lucky birds... No weird stories here, I wish I had one though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress! I'd totally wear that bowling.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um.. love the dress and the whole outfit. I WISH I could wear cardigans right now but it's just too dang hot out here in TX. and your hair is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHA! I lold so hard at that random picture of the crab legs. Wow.

    Also that dress is so cute! I love how you paired it with leggings!

    btw, you are currently a followers on my This Little Light of mine Blog, and I wanted to let you know I moved... My new URL is

    http://browneyedbell.blogspot.com

    I hope you will continue to follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally cute dress! I think its great that you knit everywhere! My mom does this and so I grew up with it being "normal". Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...