Monday, June 13, 2011

Personal Style Goals

I've been following Danielle's wonderful blog series, "8 weeks to a better me" since it started, but this is the first time I've decided to join in. I LOVED Elsie's post about personal style, and thought it would be a good idea to make some goals of my own. So here it goes...


1. Alter clothes I no longer wear.
When I go through my closet each year, I pick out a bunch of clothes that either don't fit or that I don't wear anymore, but I still like the fabric or overall look. I keep them with my sewing supplies, with the intention of making something else with the material. I hardly ever actually do this - they just sit there. So over the summer and fall months, I'd like to do a bunch of blog projects where I alter my old clothes. Hold me to it, you guys!!

2. Organize a swap party.
I hate getting rid of clothes - it seems like such a waste, because I might decide I like them again one day. But I've been talking to some friends about organizing a little swap system, so that we can trade clothes and accessories that have just lost all of their appeal.

3. Mix it up more.
Once I find an outfit combination that works well, I tend to always wear those pieces together, and never wear any of them with anything else. I could have a lot more outfits if I used different combinations instead of the same dress/cardigan/necklace combo all the time.



Outfit Details:
Dress: Thrifted // Shawni's Closet
Necklace and Earrings: Renegade Chicago
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Payless

8 comments :

  1. What fabulous goals! I hope you accomplish them all. A Swap Party sounds SO FUN!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals! I've wanted to host a swap party for a while, I think it's a great way to get rid of clothes you aren't in love with anymore. But I've never really though about altering clothes like you mentioned. What a good idea! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo... swap party is a great idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we used to have clothes swap parties when we were teenagers. They were great fun and something that shouldn't be confined to teenage years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are some great goals! i need to have a swap party with friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I can relate to #1 especially, haha. Have you heard of Project Restyle (Elsie started it with some lovely gals)? Maybe you could share your restyled creations on the Flickr group. :)

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that dress/necklace combo though :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your goals. I'm kinda working on #1 by trying to sell ones I don't wear anymore! I need to work on some other goals as well. Love your outfit as always!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...