Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mr. Potato Head Hat

Mr. Potato Head has been a favorite toy among kids for many many years. I can remember playing with one when I was younger, and I currently have two variations hanging out on display (Darth Tater and Spud Trooper). Ever since I made my line of Toy Story 3 hats/costumes last year, I've been contemplating the possibility of a Mr. Potato Head hat with detachable features. So I finally did it.


Want to make your own? All you need is a knit hat (or you could knit one yourself, preferably one with acrylic, crafty yarn that will stick together with velcro) felt, scissors, and adhesive velcro strips.




The variations of features you could make are really endless. I just went with a basic Mr./Mrs. Potato Head set for now. I'm still contemplating ways to add detachable hats and ears (I think I have that part figured out - I'll probably do another post later).


I'm pretty much in love with it!  **Linking up with Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party!

11 comments :

  1. Darling! I'm sooo making that this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I love all the mix and match velcro pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is fantastic! Can't wait to see the next post on the ears/hats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - this is fantastic! Can't wait to see the next post on the ears/hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, aren't you adorable?! Love it! So creative :-)

    PS: thank you for your sweet comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an amazing idea! I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is genius!
    Love all the little attachments!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...