Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stay Gold

What do you do when you're feeling "blah?" The weather here has been super gray and I have a few semi-boring/frustrating projects I'm working on right now, so I've been going through one of those little funks recently.


It's nothing big of course, just one of those things we all go through every so often. When it happens, I try to dress up a little more than usual. I especially like wearing yellow and/or gold because they are my favorite colors and they just feel a little more bright and happy. Even though I don't feel like really dressing up at first, it usually helps me feel more human than just sitting in sweats all day.





Other things that make my days a little brighter: fresh-brewed tea, taking a break in the afternoon to sew or knit, walking or exercising outside (weather permitting), browsing vintage shops for pretty dresses, cleaning and organizing my workspace, and reading or browsing magazines.


Outfit Details:
Dress: Modcloth
Cardigan: F21
Necklace and belt: Vintage
Shoes: Payless
Earrings: Renegade Chicago
Bag: c/o Olsenboye

**Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

So what's on your list of happy things to brighten your day?? Let's share ideas!

12 comments :

  1. Your outfit is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors together. I actually put the same exact colors together on a Polyvore set. :O

    My happiness list also includes tea and walking around outside! ^_^

    Also: Snuggling with Jen and the fur and feather babies, drawing my heart out, looking up pretty pictures on Pinterest, reading fanfiction, taking pictures of flowers and trees and just being silly with the camera, a home-made frappe, some comfort food (if I'm cooking: pancakes with powdered sugar or toast with butter and cinnamon sugar. If Jen is cooking: mac n' cheese - sometimes with ground beef - or chow mein/stir fry! Nom!) and uh, lots more. ^_^;

    Obviously I have QUITE the happiness list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit!! You always have the best dresses. :-) I wore one today and thought of you. ;-)

    My happiness list is similar to yours - sit outside, exercise if my health permits it, read a book, browse some good blogs online, listen to an audiobook, listen to my favorite music while working on my blog, get a hug from my hubby, grab some starbucks (a chai soy latte!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuuuute outfit!!!! love the nails too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grey with yellow, I must say, they are two of my favs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look soo adorable! love your cardi and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really an adorable outfit! Putting together a new outfit/exercising a little creativity usually brightens my mood, also. BUT if that doesn't work, heading to Starbucks for an iced latte and a cake pop always works, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that dress! What a perfect outfit. You look adorable :)

    And my list includes iced tea, sewing and thrifting.. those things always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucha cute outfit! I love that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit! I love how you match but look completely up to date and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flats...yellow is my new fav color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so lovely!! Not unlike the style of Kate Middleton!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this outfit - color, style, everything!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...