Monday, May 23, 2011

Matryoska Embroidery

If you've been following my From my sketchbook posts, you'll know that I am just starting to get into embroidery. I love it, but it's definitely challenging. I thought it would be neat to sort of track my skill level by embroidering the same basic object over and over again. I really like Matryoshka dolls for some reason, so I chose that as my subject.


This is my first try. My goal was to make it recognizable, which I guess it is. But.... yeah.


On my next try I used this sketch I did as a base. I think I came fairly close, and I'm soooooo much more happy with my second try.



My skill level is still really... simple? That sounds like a nice word to use. But I'm definitely pleased with my progress as I haven't used any kind of patterns for these or anything - just my little sketches! I'm probably going to try a few more of these dolls before I move onto other things. Do you have any new skills you're trying out?

7 comments :

  1. How cute! I love what you did! It turned out great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! this summer i'm learning to embroider too! exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks amazing! what a great new skill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are *so adorable.* they make my heart flutter!

    ~chantillysongs

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just too cute! i would hang that on my wall.

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I've done embroidery and I love to use my own sketches.
    You did so good! I would definitely hang that in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sublime stitching has some pretty awesome patterns for this! I have one but have yet to use it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...