Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crafty Workouts

Sometimes I try to be funny and sometimes I draw crappy stick figures. If you don't like weird jokes or crappy stick figures, click away, cause that's what this post is all about.

People are always trying to get/stay in shape, but we crafters have it pretty tough. All of our free time is usually taken up by, well, crafting. So let's multitask by doing some yoga/pilates (I can't remember the difference mostly, because I took them both at the same time, so I think there's some of both here) while we craft. These are mostly a joke, but sometimes I actually do the first one.

For knitters: Instead of sitting in your cushy armchair/throne while counting your stitches, try a backless bench or stool and lean back at a 45 degree angle and outstretch your legs for as many stitches as you can.

For seamstresses: Again, get out of that cushy throne while working with your sewing machine. Instead, stand with one leg on the ground and the other stretched out behind you. Hold until you're finished or until the stitch ripper needs to come out.



For Jewelry makers: Grab your beads and chain and balance on one leg, holding your other foot at your knee. Bead while you balance.

For Painters: Set up your canvas/stencils/whatever on an easel next to you, and do this variation of the warrior pose while you spray paint your artwork.

Got any other ideas about how we can get off our lazy bums while we work our right brain muscles?

11 comments :

  1. This made me laugh out loud! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and you should stitch your sketches now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to knit while standing up and stretching my legs to the front, then the side, then the back. It's good for my legs and back but my arms get tired :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha!!! I've thought of getting a balance ball, but I am not that coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaaa.... you are really good at it! Looking forward for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There goes all my excuses for not working out. I'll have to give a few of these a try.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...