Sunday, April 24, 2011

Molly Weasley Knit Skirt

As I've mentioned once or twice before, I'm currently knitting an entire Molly Weasley ensemble to wear to the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 this summer. I'm not going to share the whole costume until the release (I'm not even close to being done anyway), but I'm going to share a couple of the pieces as I finish them.





This is the skirt, obviously. I had never knit one before, so it was an experience, but I did manage to finish it without having to unravel it and completely start over! I made it so that it's really large on me, and then I just took it in at the top so it makes me look a little bigger for my costume - I didn't mean that to sound bad, I'm just a little toothpick so I can't quite pull off Molly Weasley all on my own.




I cannot wait for the movie and to wear this crazy, all-yarn getup in the middle of July (hooray!) How many of you are going to geek out with me during the premiere week??

12 comments :

  1. That is awesome! I wish I were cool enough to "geek out" with you... maybe I could go as Tonks since she's the only pregnant character I can think of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soo talented! great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cuuuute! i cannot wait for the movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! I really really like Molly, except for the fact that she (spoiler warning for other people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)





















    Killed Bellatrix. :( Bellatrix is my favorite HP character.

    I don't know if Jen and I can go to the premier (unemployedness is suckyness.) If I ever dress up as an HP charrie it'll be Bellatrix or Luna. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! ohhh I know cannot wait for the movie!! JULY 15!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute!!!
    I can not wait to see this full outfit!! I am sure t will turn out amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I don't knit, but this seems like it would take quite some time. I can't wait to see the whole thing! I went as Luna to the premier of Deathly Hallows Part 1... I'm gonna have to get a new costume together for Part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tights!! (and the skirt, too, of course!)

    B and I met at the last Harry Potter movie (blind date), I'll have to see if I can convince him to go in costume with me in July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHUT UP, YOU ARE MY HERO. My most successful knitted item was a purple Stitch n Bitch bikini top (the bottoms were too hard, I'm oddly shaped) which looked fantastic and I wore exactly one time so that I could take a picture and show it off on my Myspace. You can tell this was a long time ago because I am much too old for posting bikini pictures and no one uses Myspace anymore.

    Also Harry Potter=LEGIT. I'm behind on the movies, but I'm still a huge fan of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa. i just came to your blog and this was the first post. as a fellow harry LOVER i am soo excited to follow you! i can't wait to see the rest of the stume. i don't know what i'm going to be for this last one- i was thinking the sorting hat?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm so impressed! Now I've only done 1.5 basic scarves so I know that has taken a whole lot of work! I can't wait to see the finished product! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. You are so cool. I wish I was crafty/whatever so that I could wow everyone with my HP dedication. Unfortunately, I'll probably buy a t-shirt from Michael's and use fabric paint saying something like, "Yay Harry Potter," or something.
    Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...