Monday, April 4, 2011

Handmade With Purpose

Handmade With Purpose is a month-long collaborative effort where over 20 handmade shops and blogs are donating a portion of their profits to different causes. I encourage you to check out all of these amazing shops and consider giving them your business throughout the next month. Lindsay of Paint Me a Picture is at the forefront of the effort.


Handmade with Purpose:
& MORE!

My Contribution: I am giving 20% of my sales throughout the month of April to the National Kidney Foundation. I'm also donating 50% of all money raised for advertising on this blog to the same cause. (applies to ads purchased during April - they'll go up during May). I'm participating in a "Kidney Walk" at the Detroit Zoo in May, and will donate through that event.


Statistics from the National Kidney Foundation: 
  • More than 26 million Americans over age 20 have chronic kidney disease. This number represents approximately 13% of the adult population. Millions more are at increased risk for developing kidney disease, and most don’t even know it.
  • Every month, the number of Americans waiting for kidney transplants increases. About 83,000 patients are awaiting kidney transplants and more than 2,200 are waiting for kidney-pancreas transplants.


The National Kidney Foundation helps to fund treatment and research for all types of Kidney disease, as well as support advocacy, public policy, and public awareness campaigns to improve the public's health and knowledge. I feel this "unglamorous" cause is an important one and I feel proud to support it. I hope you do too!

5 comments :

  1. This is really nice of you all. Gonna tweet about it right away:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love this!

    xo
    jess
    http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. what a wonderful idea. I will defitnitely check out all the shops participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is such a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...