Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day Crafts, Food, and Neat Stuff

If you follow this blog, then you already know I'm a huge nerd. What you might not know is that my nerdiness extends far beyond just making and wearing intricate Harry Potter costumes out in public. I also enjoy various aspects of academia, such as geometry. Because of this, today is MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY. Fellow math nerds know that I speak of PI DAY. Yes, PI, the number used in the equation for finding a circle's circumference. (a.k.a. 3.14, or the integers I have memorized: 3.1415926535) I was going to make some kind of really awesome DIY project to celebrate, but Pi day just snuck up on me this year (I so hate when that happens). So here's a roundup of cool pi crafts that other people have made. I promise I'll do my own next year.

{embroidered patches from pillowhead designs}


{cookies from R.B. Boyer}


{pi and pie earrings from nerdgoddess}


{pi trivet from evil mad scientist}


Now I need to go eat some pie to celebrate! Have a happy Pi Day, everyone!!

5 comments :

  1. i had to double check the date to make sure it was really pie day...cute post;) so unique! that is why i love you and your blog:)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy PI day! Finally someone else who acknowledges this day! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe never heard of this but it just rocked my world! love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...