Monday, March 21, 2011

A Photo An Hour

Want to know how I spend my days? (not that any two are ever the same) I decided to snap a photo every hour throughout the day so you can see some of what I'm up to throughout the day. So here it is:

7AM: Wake up and instantly turn on the computer. I'm definitely a morning person, so as soon as I wake up I'm ready to get to work. I usually sit in my bed for awhile catching up on emails, maybe blogging a bit, tying up any loose ends from the day before, and reading over Indie Biz 3.0 posts.



8AM: Breakfast time. This varies so much every day. I don't have too much of a routine as far as food. I might have some cereal or yogurt, or if I'm feeling ambitious I'll whip up some eggs. I usually eat while working on the computer.



9AM: I like to have a to-do list for the day, and it usually includes a lot of different things, so in the morning I like to prep for all of it. I set out fabric, gather yarn, or whatever I might need for a day full of making stuff.



10AM: Though I love spending the day creating, the reality is there's a lot of other work to do. I spend the majority of my day on the computer, so I need some entertainment/background noise. Netflix instant keeps me sane. I usually just watch TV shows I've already seen so I don't get too sucked in and can still focus on what I'm working on.



11AM: Still working, but I need to stay hydrated! I love coffee but I can't drink it ALL day, so I like to have some tea now and again too. Chai is my favorite.



12PM: Lunch, lunch, lunch. I love salads with turkey and avocados - my favorite!



1PM: Though I've been working for hours, I haven't actually gotten ready for the day yet. I feel really motivated in the morning and I don't want to waste that motivation. So I usually shower and get dressed up in the middle of the day (when I'm feeling a little "blah"). Getting dressed up gives me the extra energy for the rest of the day.



2PM: I might take a break from writing and organizing to have some fun - knit, sew or do something else creative. This is a skirt I just finished.



3PM: If I have any orders to go out that day, I'll package them and head to the post office.



4PM: On normal days, I'll go back to writing, but once a week I head to a local middle school to teach a knitting class.



5PM: I really want to take a nap by this point in the day, so that means it's time for coffee.



6PM: I usually take a break for a bit to loaf around and maybe watch a movie with my boyfriend or my family. Can you tell how obsessed I am with Netflix? I don't know how people function without it.



7PM: Dinner (tacos!)




8PM: I have to go outside for a bit at some point during the day. I like taking walks or just sitting on the porch while knitting or working on my laptop.



9PM: I like pie.




10PM: Aren't my dogs cute?




11PM: Time to unwind. This usually means knitting for awhile, and in this case catching up on Glee.

Well, there's a look at my day. I notice now that it's basically just a look at what I watch and eat, but I didn't think that a bunch of pictures of my computer screen would interest anyone, so there you go. How do you spend your days? If you do a post like this, leave a link in the comments so I can check it out!

8 comments :

  1. This is so great! I love hearing how people spend their day and I love pictures! I love Netflix too! Haha. I usually end up watching it before I go to bed. My day used to consist of getting up, going to work all day (sitting in front of a computer, going to meetings), coming home to make (or eat dinner if my hubby made it), blog, relax, go to bed and watch netflix. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing and interesting post. Very organized but creative schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I'm impressed how you keep yourself moving and motivated all day when you set your own schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked following your day through photos! ^^ And I totally get what you mean when you decide to have shows you've already watched as background noise, I do the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I are BIG Netflix fans too! We get hooked on so many shows, plus we can't wait to get our DVDs in the mail :)
    Fun looking at your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the comforter (cover?) did you make that? I REALLY dig that print!!

    you always have such fun rotating content - I especially love your new creations! I know you're not a "new" blogger per se, but when I thought of Versatile Blogger I thought of Annie :) so mentioned you in my Versatile Blogger post today.
    xoxo KellyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a fun peek inside your day! 1. your dogs are so adorable!! 2. i'm completely addicted chai. sometimes i think about how much money we'd save if i gave it up,... but then i think about how happy it makes me. :) 3. i also have something on in the background at all times (often netflix or hulu). it just makes me feel more productive for some reason. i'm glad i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, it was a lot of fun reading this and interesting too! I like the sound of your life!

    p.s. I love pie too....when I used to live in Canada, I would eat a whole berry pie for dessert, lunch, or whatever. I miss it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...