Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Books and Crepes

A few days ago, a few friends and I spent the day out and about in Detroit.


First, we went to the city's largest used book store. I had never been before and it was so overwhelming. Sticking to my budget seemed almost impossible, so I had to just stop looking after awhile.


They had some interesting signs

...and some interesting books.
We found some vintage postcards with handwritten notes on them.


I ended up getting a really random variety - a few for me, and a couple as gifts. I definitely need to go back soon.


Then we went to lunch at a crepes restaurant. I got one with chicken and broccoli, and my friends got dessert crepes with fruit and other deliciousness.



All in all, it was a really fun day. What are some of your favorite spots in your hometown?

5 comments :

  1. That looks like so much fun! We visited Detroit for the first time in January but didn't get to spend a ton of time downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, i want to go to both places!!! looks uh-mazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love going to that book store! There always was such a huge variety, so it's hard to look for something specific, but it was nice getting lost and coming out of there with something good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing!!! I love all the neat books you found and interesting little treasures inside the books!! :)
    I want to go there!!!
    HAve a wonderful day + Happy St. Patty's day!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH! that books store looks like so much fun! :D

    Hmm some of my favorite places.. We have this AMAZING place called the sweet spot. I love their Frozen yogurts..All their sweets are homemade and have no (what I call) "crappy stuff" in them ;) lol
    I also love the local hot dog joint in our downtown. best hot dogs ever :) and they let you order from the kids menu.. no matter what age :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...