Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An Outfit: Feathers and Lace

This is my first-ever outfit post. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet - I REALLY hate pictures of just myself (awkward, much?), but I do like fashion and I do like creating interesting outfits. So I figured I had to do at least one, to give you guys an idea of how I usually dress. So here it is:

This photo obviously wasn't supposed to turn out like this, but I thought it looked pretty neat.

I hardly ever wear jeans. I actually only own two pairs, and they don't fit very well anymore. So I basically live in dresses and tights and leggings. And I always wear boots in the winter and flats in the summer.

  

My hair is pretty neglected. I don't like dealing with it so I usually put it in a french braid or a high ponytail. And I live in post earrings and simple necklaces.

In this outfit:

Dress: Belle Du Jour ~ Cardigan & Earrings: F21 ~ Tights: Target ~ Boots: Vintage

***

So the verdict is: I'll probably do this again, but not very often. I think it'll turn out better when I can go outside - I decided it was too cold for it just yet (wimp). I'm linking this up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW. Looking through all of the other bloggers doing these posts might give me the inspiration to keep going!

18 comments :

  1. I love all of the different patterns in this outfit!
    And I think your pictures are far less awkward than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very artsy, I like it.
    I would do outfit posts, but I'm poor and don't really have a lot of clothes. :$

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Love how you mixed the patterns. I did my first outfit post today too! Yours is so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for joining in on outfit posts!! i have seen you model my bows before and you are adorable!! i LOVE the lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i was eyeing those tights at target and couldn't envision what they would like on a person, based on the package. they look nice on you! i like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how you mixed patterns! Very cute. Great with that burgundy sweater too. The lace tights are fab!

    Just visiting you from the Love & Envelopes Birthday Club! Happy (early) Birthday!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your first WIWW! I love your outfit and the mix of patterns, I wish I could figure out the proper way to mix it up! So love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! :) love that cardi! Great outfit post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome! It's actually pretty fun and you get used to taking your own photo! Just have a good time with it. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm an awkward self-photographer, too, but you looked so cute! I wish I could learn to live in dresses and leggings/tights... jeans just don't fit me right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh so cute! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love the color combo. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it a lot! Its a great combo, and you look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm visiting from the Pleated Poppy. I hate photos of myself, as well. I really like your style and color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable! you have great style

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...