Saturday, February 5, 2011

Knit Beer Cozy Pattern

In honor of the Superbowl this weekend, I'm taking a crack at my first ever knitting pattern. It's really simple and I might not quite have all the terminology down, but I tried!


Striped Beer Cozies
Needles: size 10, 2 straight needles
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft acrylic
Cast on 30 stitches
knit 1, purl 1, first 4 rows
Stockinette stitch, next 8 rows
Switch to alternating color, continue stockinette stitch for 4 rows
Switch back to first color, continue stockinette stitch for 4 rows
Switch to alternating color, continue stockinette stitch for 4 rows
Switch back to first color, continue stockinette stitch for 10 rows
Knit 1, k3tog - continue until the last stitch
Crochet or sew the seams together


If any of you knitting pattern aficionados have any tips or tricks, I'd love to hear them. I hope you all have a great Superbowl weekend!

7 comments :

  1. When you feel brave enough, try these with double pointed needles, you'll need four or five. They look complicated, but truly aren't. They'll allow you to have no seam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized that you probably meant first design, not first pattern you've ever knitted...so you have likely used DPNs before, duh! ;) So, yeah. No seam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could probably also knit these cozies using the magic loop technique with circular needles, casting on 15 sts per needle. I think I'll do them on straight needles first, then try the circs. Cute pattern; really easy to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beginner knitter - after k3tog until last stitch, do you cast off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming Leigh (sorry my comment replies aren't working), you continue to knit 1, k3tog for each row until there are just three loops left. Then you knit those three together and you're done! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...