Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've been Stitchin'

A few weeks ago, I ordered an embroidery kit from Sublime Stitching. It was one of my 2011 goals to learn how to embroider, and I have to say: I love it! Since the kit came in the mail, I've been practicing pretty much every day.


My first "practice project" was this craft/yarn tote bag. I used the "craftopolis" patterns from Sublime, and they're completely perfect.



It definitely takes a lot more time and concentration than I'm used to (I've been knitting for 10 years, so it's all muscle memory anymore), but I'm going to keep practicing and I'm going to come up with some of my own patterns and products!


I'll definitely update you when I finish this bag!

13 comments :

  1. That bag is SO cute! Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks super cute! you are already a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! My daughter (11) has been asking about cross-stitch, I think she and I might start working on that or some embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the same kit when I won the giveaway from Alycia! I've only had a chance to do the sewing machine, but I'm in love already!

    I love that you are putting your designs on a tote bag! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how divine! i love that pattern:)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo how fun! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely amazing! So jealous you can do this! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a brilliant looking book and project, I embroider but I'll confess I don't get to do it enough. It is such a lovely art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love embroidery. I have been doing it for a bit. Actually I find it much easier than knitting but equally enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! I have the Sublime Stitching book.

    Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...