Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vintage Table Runner Stockings

I've never made stockings before, and now, well, I still haven't. I have, however, decorated some, and they turned out better than I ever expected.



For these, I just bought some plain red felt stockings from a craft store and used a vintage table runner to make them pretty. 



The table runner belonged to my grandma, and it is really, really neat. I would have loved to keep it in tact, but it had stains all over it, so this seemed like a good alternative.


I made two different styles, but there really are so many different ways to go when using a cool vintage pattern like this one. After I cut out the pieces of cloth I wanted, I used an anti-fray adhesive on the edges, then fabric glue to attach them to the stocking. 

I'm so happy with how they turned out! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...