Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ugly Christmas Sweater

The other day, my brother told me he needed to buy an ugly Christmas sweater for a school presentation. I love ugly Christmas sweaters, so I obviously jumped at the chance to flex my creative muscles.


I didn't have enough time to stitch on all the details, but fabric glue works fine for an item like this. I'm not sure what made me choose the design I did, but it's definitely festive and hideous.


I used felt for the large talk bubble and the donkey (yes, that's a donkey). Why a donkey? Why not! Then I used a patterned Santa Claus fabric for the letters.


It only took about 40 minutes to uglify this plain red sweater, and he got lots of "compliments" on it. So if you're going to any ugly sweater parties this year, or even if you just want to be festively ironic, this is a very good way to go!


P.S. I shared a not-so-ugly Christmas sweater tutorial over on Sandy A La Mode's blog this week AS WELL AS a giveaway! So make sure to check out those posts too!

4 comments :

  1. Love the ugly Christmas sweater! What a fun project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! super fun and...yes ugly!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! i never thought to MAKE an ugly sweater.. this is great..i love the donkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love how you called it an ugly sweater when it turned out better darn good!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...