Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Eve Fashion with A Hasty Life


Hello Wattlebird Readers!



My name is Ashley, Annie and I are switching blogs for the day, you can find her at my blog: A Hasty Life. I’m so happy to be posting here. Guest posting is such a wonderful way to meet new bloggers and share new ideas! I’m excited to see what new relationships blossom through this guest post (for both Annie and myself!)

New Year’s Eve is coming up, and although I generally try to do something low-key I thought I would create a Practical and Glamorous outfit for all of you who are going out to parties on New Year’s Eve!

Why is it that when we girls dress up to go out on the town, we dress in silly outfits that either don’t suit the weather or the massive amounts of dancing we plan to do? We wear the highest heels (and sure they make our calves look great) but by the end of the night our feet hurt so much we either kick them off and dance barefoot (GROSS) or sit on the sidelines. Well, not this year! We are wearing flats…and not only are we wearing flats…we are wearing a LONG-SLEEVE dress. Want to know why? Because it is JANUARY and it is COLD in January! Why are we always going out in our skimpiest dresses on New Year’s Eve? Not only are we wearing a long-sleeve dress, we are wearing a jacket, too! Because it is probably a winter blizzard outside (just our luck) and we need some extra warmth hopping between parties.

Yes, of course, we got multiple invitations to New Year’s Eve parties this year. And we must make an appearance at all of the best ones, to be polite!

Without further ado…your PRACTICAL + GLAMOROUS New Year’s Eve Outfit:



1.     Slate Lake Dress from Mod Cloth
2.     Deck the Toes Flats from Mod Cloth
3.     Silver and Black Flapper Headband from Baroque And Roll
4.     Melange Wood Block Print Jacket from eShakti

Thanks Wattlebird Readers! It’s been a pleasure posting for you! I hope you all have a fabulous New Year’s Eve and I look forward to seeing you around blog world again!

Ashley
(And if you feel so inclined…bop on over to my blog and become my newest follower!)

3 comments :

  1. I'm with you on this one...why be miserable? Love the red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ashley!! :) i adore those red shoes!! can't wait for the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your post and it was superb .Thanks for sharing.I would like to hear more about this in future.
    Regards:
    http://www.blackitsoft.com/inventory-pos-software.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...