Monday, December 6, 2010

Make It Pretty: Pine Cone Wreath

Today is the start of ANOTHER new feature here at Wattlebird. "Make it Pretty" will be posted about once a week, and will consist of a really simple before and after project with a few easy instructions and supplies - but not involved enough to be a full DIY post. Anything upcycled, embellished, or decorated will fall into this category. How simple are we talking? Here it is!

***

Everyone wants a cute wreath to hang on their door during the holidays. I love coming up with new crafty ideas, but I really am a traditionalist when it comes to basic Christmas decorations. So I wanted a wreath that was pretty, but not too flashy.


So I went to the craft store and bought a standard fake wreath for $1.50, a velvet bow, and a bag of pine cones and miscellaneous embellishments. I went home, got out my glue gun and the rest is history.


The best part is that the pine cones are scented, so every time you walk up to the door you smell cinnamon! Pretty and delicious...

1 comment :

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...