Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Festivities

Well, Christmas is over. It was very fun but very hectic. I didn't really have time to post about any of the fun things I did over the last week, so I decided that one big round-up post would do the trick.

***

On Wednesday, I went to "Holiday Nights" at Greenfield Village. If you're unfamiliar with "America's Greatest History Attraction," it's a small village of historical homes, landmarks, reenactors, and more. It was built by Henry Ford and is located in Dearborn, Michigan. During December, the village turns into an old-time Christmas wonderland, with horse and buggy rides, model T's, carolers, roasts, silent Christmas films projected onto the side of a building, and Santa himself.




***

On Thursday, the women in my family gathered for our annual tea party. Not exactly a traditional Christmas festivity, the tea party is something that we do just to have a little girl talk, sweets, and of course: tea. We put on vintage hats, take pictures, and stuff our faces.





***

Also on Thursday, my friend Whitney had a holiday party for some of our friends. We drank Michigan wine, seasonal beers, and played fun games. It was great to see lots of my friends all in the same place. 




***

And last week I went with my family to my town's Museum for its annual Holiday Open House. It was decorated in traditional turn-of-the-century style (the museum is a house built in 1896, I believe). They had tour guides and wonderful decorations. It was gorgeous!




So those are the high points. What did fun things did you do over Christmas week??

3 comments :

  1. i LOVE greenfield village!! u used to go to camp there when i was younger!!! and henry ford museum is where i got married so that place is forever in my heart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i {always} look forward to your personal posts with all of your pictures:) gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I love the tea party idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...