- Take a business class
- Improve my photography. Seriously.
- Launch my new site in February
- Get a business license
- Make an Etsy Treasury
- Join an Etsy Team
- Do all of the things in this list of Etsy New Year's Resolutions
- Learn to read and write knitting patterns
- Learn to embroider
- Make my own soap and soy candles
- Teach a knitting class. I got a contract to do this - I start January 6th!
- Start sewing my own clothes again
- Make-over my blog - It's in the works!
- Start a "Knitting 101" vlog series
- Do a lot more upcycling projects
- Do some outfit posts
- Be more interactive, and comment a lot more. I have a bad habit of reading a lot and then forgetting to comment :-/
- Take more photos of my everyday life so I can document it here
- Teach a blogging/seo class
- Get more outside blogging gigs
- Guest post more, and have more guest posters
- Meet a lot more blog friends!
- Get my passport (finally)
- Be less materialistic. I'm not all that materialistic, but I just want to be LESS.
- Buy a new car. I know, this totally contradicts my last goal, but I need to go places sometimes and my current car, while a total trooper, is almost as old as I am. Also, by "new" I mean, well, not actually new, just one that works.
- Pay off my credit card debt - I'm almost there!!!!
- Go on a semi-spontaneous road trip
- Go to Disney World
- Turn off the Netflix once in awhile and listen to music, or just enjoy being unplugged.
- Pray more
- Complete at least 5 items on my bucket list (and add more to it - there are way more things I want to do that aren't on that list!)
Also, I was very inspired by Erin at Design for Mankind who wrote a list of non-goals, things to keep doing exactly the same. I think it's important to make goals, but just as important to recognize the things you've done well. So here's my list of things to keep doing well in 2011:
- Work ethic. No matter what the job, I've really worked hard this year. I put a lot of time into things I cared about (and sometimes the things I didn't care so much about, but had to do anyway).
- Weight. Sure, I could stand to be more active and eat a few more veggies, but not for cosmetic reasons. I'm completely happy with my appearance and I don't need to lose a pound.
- Amount of coffee consumed. This is a popular resolution for some people. I sure do drink a lot of it, but it doesn't cause me any problems, it helps me be more productive throughout the day, and it makes me happy. So I'm going to keep drinking just as much as I do now, and you can't stop me. :-P
- Following my passions. This year ended very differently from what I had envisioned in my head last December, but I'm so much happier now. I thought about what I really WANTED to do, instead of just what I thought I should do.
- Improving. I've grown a lot this year. If I keep going at this pace, 2011 will be a breeze.
- NOT getting married or preggo. It's cool for those of you who are, but I spent my 2010 enjoying my 22nd year of life, and I plan to enjoy my 23rd year of life ring&baby-free as well. Being young is fun.
So that's it! What are some of your goals? And more importantly, what did you do well this year??