Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Goals

Time for the obligatory "2011 goals" post! Here goes...



Business Goals

  • Take a business class
  • Improve my photography. Seriously.
  • Launch my new site in February
  • Get a business license
  • Make an Etsy Treasury
  • Join an Etsy Team
  • Do all of the things in this list of Etsy New Year's Resolutions

Crafty Goals

  • Learn to read and write knitting patterns
  • Learn to embroider
  • Make my own soap and soy candles
  • Teach a knitting class. I got a contract to do this - I start January 6th!
  • Start sewing my own clothes again

Blog Goals

  • Make-over my blog - It's in the works!
  • Start a "Knitting 101" vlog series
  • Do a lot more upcycling projects
  • Do some outfit posts
  • Be more interactive, and comment a lot more. I have a bad habit of reading a lot and then forgetting to comment :-/
  • Take more photos of my everyday life so I can document it here
  • Teach a blogging/seo class
  • Get more outside blogging gigs
  • Guest post more, and have more guest posters
  • Meet a lot more blog friends!

Personal Goals
  • Get my passport (finally)
  • Be less materialistic. I'm not all that materialistic, but I just want to be LESS.
  • Buy a new car. I know, this totally contradicts my last goal, but I need to go places sometimes and my current car, while a total trooper, is almost as old as I am. Also, by "new" I mean, well, not actually new, just one that works.
  • Pay off my credit card debt - I'm almost there!!!!
  • Go on a semi-spontaneous road trip
  • Go to Disney World
  • Turn off the Netflix once in awhile and listen to music, or just enjoy being unplugged.
  • Pray more
  • Complete at least 5 items on my bucket list (and add more to it - there are way more things I want to do that aren't on that list!)



Also, I was very inspired by Erin at Design for Mankind who wrote a list of non-goals, things to keep doing exactly the same. I think it's important to make goals, but just as important to recognize the things you've done well. So here's my list of things to keep doing well in 2011:

  • Work ethic. No matter what the job, I've really worked hard this year. I put a lot of time into things I cared about (and sometimes the things I didn't care so much about, but had to do anyway).
  • Weight. Sure, I could stand to be more active and eat a few more veggies, but not for cosmetic reasons. I'm completely happy with my appearance and I don't need to lose a pound.
  • Amount of coffee consumed. This is a popular resolution for some people. I sure do drink a lot of it, but it doesn't cause me any problems, it helps me be more productive throughout the day, and it makes me happy. So I'm going to keep drinking just as much as I do now, and you can't stop me. :-P
  • Following my passions. This year ended very differently from what I had envisioned in my head last December, but I'm so much happier now. I thought about what I really WANTED to do, instead of just what I thought I should do.
  • Improving. I've grown a lot this year. If I keep going at this pace, 2011 will be a breeze.
  • NOT getting married or preggo. It's cool for those of you who are, but I spent my 2010 enjoying my 22nd year of life, and I plan to enjoy my 23rd year of life ring&baby-free as well. Being young is fun.
So that's it! What are some of your goals? And more importantly, what did you do well this year??

14 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed reading your goals :) You've inspired me to make a similar post, haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your list of goals. Esp. the business/etsy/craft/blog goals. And pray more - definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your goals are FABULOUS! isnt it so wonderful to get it all down somewhere and not have to remember all of your goals! good luck on all of your goals and have a fantastic 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sweets! your goals are inspiring and I need to get it writing mine:)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very inspirational list. Bonne année 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing list of goals :) can't wait to see you complete them :D
    Happy New Year Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a heck of a list! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, these are all great!! (and thanks for the Esty info-totally checking that out!)
    Happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great list of goals! good luck in achieving each of them :):)

    Happy New Years !
    Thanks for following my blog :D

    Lisa
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Btw i gave you a blog award: http://xxcmgxx.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-award-stylish-blogger.html x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspiring indeed! I enjoyed reading your aspirations and non-resolutions. :) I plan on doing something similar on my blog but haven't gotten to it yet. That's one of my goals! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, first, I LOVE your new blog look!! It's so pretty! You did a wonderful job!

    And now I can comment on your goals post. :) haha.

    I love this list of goals! I've been writing down things that I want to accomplish one day, and I think I may have to take a couple from here.. haha. I really want to start taking more photos & sharing it in my blog. & learn some new types of crafts! I'm excited to see you complete these goals. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo im Sex-Talk.



    Der Sex-Talk gibt ihnen eine Möglichkeit heisse frauensexy und vieles mehr,wie Heiße Live Chats
    Hier im Sex-Talk erwarten dich heisse frauensexy Flirt und Sextalk
    Eventuel suchst du Flirt und Sextalk , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Also,stellt sich die Frage,worauf wartest du?
    Flirt und Sextalk mösen ,anmelden .
    Suchst du jemand aus Zürich, oder von Leipzig, vieleicht aus Zittau , vieleicht von Stäfa, vieleicht aus Ternitz? Mit Sicherheit ist jemand dabei.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this is an older post but I just saw it and had to comment.

    First off how fabulous is that picture of you. Oh my your outfit is too cute and you look amazing. Secondly what a great list of goals you have. You are aspiring to do so much and it is truly inspirational.

    I hope you have an amazing weekend. XOXO ~Emily

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...