Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Noble Art of Sock Puppetry

When I was just a little crafter, one of the first projects I can remember working on was sock puppets. It's super easy and there's no right or wrong way to do it, so it's perfect for young ones but still fun for slightly older crafty gals like moi. I made this one (along with a few more) for a special project for Girly Nerdy Goodness. I'll share the finished product when it's completed.  And now, for the main event...



What you need:

  • sock
  • glue gun or fabric glue
  • fabric paint
  • felt
  • yarn



For this puppet I used red yarn for the hair, just cutting about 12 strands of the same length, and then gluing them onto the sock right at the middle. I used felt for the facial features, gluing the mouth onto the the toe area and eyes near the heel.



After you've done that, you can basically add whatever you want. Create some clothing or accessories or bright colors. Just do whatever you want! That's the beauty of this project. So have fun and create something totally unique!

2 comments :

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...