Monday, September 27, 2010

Hating my blog design

As you may or may not have noticed, I've been changing some things around on this blog a few times a day for the past few days. I cannot get it to look how I want it to look. I thought I wanted a color scheme similar to the one on my portfolio site, but just a bit lighter and more girly. I got the colors exactly as I planned, and I hate it. Right now, about the only things I like are the background and the overall layout. I'm going to let this one soak in for a couple of days and come up with a plan of attack. Hopefully I'll come up with something I actually like. Anyone have any ideas or inspiring sites/images I should look at? All I know is that I want it to include yellow...

6 comments :

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I like it. D: but it is fun to change the blog design every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what you come up with. I really love the girl sketch that you had when I originally found you awhile back and I also love when you incorporate your photo into the header. :) That is just so cute.

    I know that my blog designer used Istockphoto.com but the owls in my header cost me a whopping $30! :/

    I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    smiles,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours you chose, they're really nice.

    I'd say make the banner and top link buttons stand out more!

    One last thing is that the font being grey kind of fades on the page since all images around it stand out. It's nice nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Aubrey...Leave it for a bit and then change it again at some point. Your blog is fantastic in every way,
    xx Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i LOVE the color of your blog sweetie!! the yellow in your background looks great and your banner is cute!! i know that yellow can sometimes look too bright or too light or just not that great on blogs but i think you picked a great shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. I don't like my blog ither, I'm just not savvy enough to change it. Check out April showers blog, she has some great tips. Hope you find your happy medium.
    ummathreads

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...