Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Glee Costumes

I've been promising shots of the costumes my friends and I wore to our Glee Premiere Party for over a week now. So I have finally delivered on the promise, not only to show pictures, but to give you look-by-look instructions on how to create your own stupendous gleeky outfits (just in time for Halloween ...or maybe your own Glee party?)

Disclaimer: Not all of the characters are accounted for, unfortunately. No boys dressed up for the party, and I didn't get good enough pictures of some of the other costumes :(

Emma Pillsbury
The key to being Emma is to make sure everything is just-so. There are no mistakes in Emma's wardrobe. Everything matches perfectly and everything fits into her retro, feminine style. 

From the show:




Mercedes Jones
This was probably my favorite costume from the party, due mostly to Whitney's amazing pants. Mercedes is loud and sassy and proud. So you need to find clothes that are all of those things.

From the show:




Tina Cohen-Chang
Tina is the goth queen of the glee club. If you want to dress like her, you'll need a lot of black and a lot of accessories.

From the show:




Quinn Fabray
This outfit is preggo Quinn, because I like her better than Cheerio Quinn. Her style is very girly and very preppy. She always always wore dresses with cardigans and flats in light colors.

From the show:




Rachel Berry
The gold star of the Glee club, Rachel has a really unique look. Must haves include knee socks and a sweater of some sort. Bonuses include a sweater with some kind of woodland creature on it, and clashing patterns.

From the show:




I hope you enjoyed my analysis of Glee Club style. How do you think we did with our costumes?

7 comments :

  1. i love the costumes and i don't even watch the show:)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh love these!! what a fun party - and you guys did great with the costumes. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a brilliant way to celebrate the return of Glee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these are so great! love it!

    and thanks for being part of the blog-a-thon, nicey!

    http://rikrakstudio.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have a Glee party with COSTUMES!! I think everyone did a great job and was totally identifiable :)

    I'm popping over from the rikrak studio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. My fave is Emma's outfit - spot on! Also, seriously jealous of your upcoming visit to HP land.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...