Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to Hogwarts

Fall is on the way, and it brings to mind a lot of things. Aside from the usual, fall always reminds me of Harry Potter, because it's the season he always returns to Hogwarts (in fact, he would be leaving from Platform 9 3/4 today at 11 a.m. sharp). This fall, I also get the excitement of visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park and seeing the seventh movie. So it's really going to be an HP-filled season for me!

{my friends and I at the Deathly Hallows book release}


To add some extra excitement, I'm going to officially declare this fall Harry Potter season on this blog. Not ALL of my posts will be Harry Potter themed of course, but I'm going to share a whole lot of exciting Harry Potter posts with you, mostly focusing on handmade costumes and accessories, but I'll obviously throw in some extra goodies here and there.

Some of the costumes I have lined up:

  • Luna Lovegood
  • Hedwig
  • Fawkes
  • The Potter Puppet Pals
  • The Dark Mark
  • Mad Eye Moody
  • The Burrow
  • Seamus Finnegan
  • Rita Skeeter
  • ...and more!


In addition, I have created a flickr group so that the rest of you HP fanatics can share some of your past costumes with me.

All of this will culminate in an all-day blog party the day before the movie is released. I'll be posting all day as my friends and I prepare for the movie. I'll post just about every hour and I'll have some great giveaways and other goodies for you.

I'm so excited for all of this, and I hope you are too. Harry Potter fans come in all ages, backgrounds, and locations, and everyone is welcome here. Tell your friends!

6 comments :

  1. theres an event on facebook called Hogwarts.
    where if you attend the event it means you're going to Hogwarts this year and are leaving at 11am haha

    i said i was attending..i want to feel like im going somewhere special this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this! I just read all of the books this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen, I'm attending that event too! hahah I'm glad other people are on the virtual Hogwarts Express right now.

    Kate, I need to re-read all the books coming up soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is going to be the first year I don't camp out for the movie. Not sure the baby would be up for sitting outside a movie theater for hours. Sounds like you are going to have a great time and I look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought the same thing today: today is hogwarts' first day!!! haha. i am excited for your harry potter posts! i am a big fan!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So incredibly jelous right now. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Harry Potter. I wish i could travel to America to go to this theme park :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...