Wednesday, September 15, 2010

23 before 23

Last week was my half-birthday! Okay, that's totally not a big deal, nor is it something I ever notice or think about. But it means I have roughly six months before I hit the big 2-3. Again, not really anything of significance, but there it is. Then the other day, I visited Bay Girl's lovely blog and saw her list of goals before she hits that ominous 23, and I was inspired to make my own list. I know a lot of people just make 30 before 30 lists, but I'm all about goals, so I'll probably just do one of these every year ;)

{me with my diploma - my greatest accomplishment of last year}

So here it is:
  1. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
  2. Get my passport (finally)
  3. Participate in at least 2 craft fairs
  4. Obtain a fancy pants license for my biz
  5. Read at least 3 classic novels that I've never read before
  6. Take a small business class
  7. Film a stop-motion video
  8. Take at least one photo every day for 2 months
  9. Visit Michigan's Upper Peninsula
  10. Update my portfolio
  11. Grow my hair out (past my shoulders, at least)
  12. Create (and stick to!) a strict monthly budget
  13. Organize my massive amounts of yarn and craft supplies
  14. Make the world's greatest Harry Potter costumes for my friends to wear to the premiere of the Deathly Hallows movie
  15. Take a fitness class
  16. Learn to break dance (even if I'm embarrassingly bad at it)
  17. See a live musical in Downtown Detroit (it's been YEARS)
  18. Get an article published in a magazine
  19. Buy handmade items for 90% of my Christmas shopping
  20. Start baking again
  21. Volunteer
  22. Go on a spur-of-the-moment road trip
  23. Have an awesome 23rd birthday party, just because

5 comments :

  1. oh great list! thats a good idea to do one every year. i made one for my 30th but it was just 7 things and i lost it...looks like im gonna have to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the list! esp visiting the HP world, joining in 2 craft fairs, road trip and getting an article published!!! i have a 30 before 30 (yikes! i only have 4 more years) but its needs to be seriously updated. happoy wednesday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous list!!! HP world sounds incredible :( so sad cannot get to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaay! good luck with your list! 6 months to complete it all? i think i have abouuut 9 months to do mine...

    gotta get on it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...