Monday, August 23, 2010

Testing the Waters

I keep hearing about people in New York, Chicago and other awesome cities having blogger meetups where they get together with other bloggers to chat IRL (sorry - can't help it). I really want to go to one, but I can't seem to find anything like this in Metro Detroit. I know most of you who read this blog are from other parts of the world, but I'd just like to see if there might be anyone who lives in Michigan/Northern Ohio/Possibly NE Indy who would be interested in attending a blogger meetup if I organized it.



I'd really like to do this, but I want to make sure there would be a bit of interest before I did. It wouldn't have to be just bloggers, but Twitter and other social networking people would also be welcome, or even anyone interested in starting a blog. If you are interested, either leave a comment here with your email address or email me at anne.pilon@gmail.com. If there is a fair amount of interest then I'll probably create a group of some sort and keep everyone in the loop as I plan.

Thanks!

2 comments :

  1. Before I found a job in Bay City I was following all sorts of social media Michiganders on twitter. Here are somethings I discovered even though I never attended. Check 'em out! :) http://likemind.us/#det
    This guy also created something #tweettea, http://twitter.com/HubertGAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally would be down if i lived near you. i used to live in toledo but don't anymore. i moved away in 2005. i have the same problem though with bloggers living away from me. i am in newark, de and it is frustrating that nobody is around me:(
    good luck luv:)
    smiles,
    gina

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...